Whilst searching the Grainger Games website for deals I stumbled across their price match page. Basically if you find a video game cheaper on another retailers website than it is at Grainger Games, just let them know using there price comparison form and there is a possibility that they will price match it and also give you further discounts. The terms an conditions are a bit vague, but its worth a go to try and save yourselves a few quid.
Here is what it states on the Grainger Games website
We want to make sure that Grainger Games offers the best value on the web, so if you find something cheaper elsewhere, let us know and if we drop our price based on your comparison, we’ll give you an EXTRA £1 off our reduced price for the title you’ve compared and a voucher to say thanks.
Although we can’t match every price reported, we’ll use your feedback to ensure that our prices remain competitive.
Just enter the details of your price comparison and we’ll take look.
Here is how it worked for me
- I found Black Ops Xbox 360 for £32.99 at Green Man Gaming which was £7 cheaper than Granger Games price
- I filled out the Grainger Games price comparison form here and submitted it
- Within a few minutes a received and email confirming that my deal was genuine
- Within a few more minutes I received another Email with a code that would entitle me to buy the game for £31.99 (£1 cheaper than the original deal I found)
- I then received a third email with a code that would entitle me to 10% discount on pre-order titles at Grainger Games
It seems that if they don’t lower the price on their website, they will at least send you a code so you can purchase the game for less than the other retailer is selling it for. I am not sure if they only do this for just the first person to find a lower price for a specific game, or anyone that submits thereafter.
I tried it on a few deals and got the same result every time!
Below is a screen shot of the email they sent